Similarly to the “Stimulus word method”, “Semantic Intuition” is a creative technique used in order to generate ideas. New product ideas or process-optimization ideas can be found and developed with this method, as an example. Two keywords associated with the problem-to-solve are changed and combined. These word combinations serve as stimuli for finding ideas.
- Selecting two keywords from the problem setting (noun and verb OR noun and adjective).
- Finding synonyms or similar meanings for these keywords.
- Combining the found synonyms in a way they can be used meaningfully.
- Finding solutions to the problem using the new combinations.
Problem: How can we improve our teamwork?
- Keywords: teamwork, improve
- Synonyms for teamwork: meeting, information exchange, synonyms for improve: advance, upgrade
- Word combinations: upgrade information exchange
- Solution: Upgrade information software
Do you want to try creativity techniques with IdeaClouds?
Start immediately - no installation required!