At perceptos, we’re dedicated to providing teams with effective tools and features for streamlined teamwork. Today, we are excited to announce the latest addition to our suite of retro methods – “KISS“!
What is KISS?
KISS stands for “Keep, Improve, Start, Stop” – a powerful retrospective approach designed to facilitate meaningful discussions and drive actionable results. It enables teams to reflect on their past efforts and collaboratively decide on the best course of action for continuous improvement.
Why choose KISS for your retros?
We understand that retrospectives play a critical role in the success of your projects. Here’s why you should consider using the KISS methodology:
- Structured Format: KISS provides a clear and structured framework for your retrospectives, ensuring that all important aspects are covered – from maintaining successful practices to identifying areas for growth.
- Collaborative decision-making: With KISS, your team engages in open discussions and shares insights on what to keep (Keep), what to improve (Improve), what new practices to adopt (Start), and what to discontinue (Stop).
- Focus on action: The KISS methodology emphasizes actionable results. At the end of the retrospective, your team will have a concrete plan to implement the identified improvements.
How to use KISS for your retros
Using the KISS methodology for your retrospectives is simple and effective:
- Prepare: Schedule a retrospective session and inform your team that you’ll be using the KISS methodology. Share the agenda and set the stage for an inclusive and constructive discussion.
- Keep: Begin by discussing the aspects that have worked well and should be retained. Acknowledge successful practices and celebrate successes.
- Improve: Identify areas for improvement. Encourage open and honest feedback from all team members, focusing on constructive criticism.
- Start: Explore new ideas and practices that could increase your team’s efficiency and productivity. Brainstorm to identify innovative approaches.
- Stop: Discuss processes or practices that may no longer serve the team’s goals. Be willing to let go of elements that are impeding progress.
Join the KISS community today!
Continuous improvement is at the core of perceptos’s mission, and we’re committed to providing you with the latest tools and features to do just that. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to improve your teamwork experience.
Ready to take your retrospectives to the next level with KISS? Let’s get started!